WHEN - Saturday 12th November 2022 - 10:00 - 18:00
WHERE - Rock Over Climbing Centre - Cheviot St, Manchester M3 1LW
On the 12th of November, we’ll be setting up at Rock Over Climbing Manchester for a jam-packed day of climbing workshops, film screenings, friendly competitions, and loads more. Test your strength in a free bouldering league, give crack climbing a go, get stretchy with a Mobility class or just enjoy a climb with some of the country's strongest climbers.
Get access to a host of activities with a general admission ticket and add workshops to learn from the very best. Our team of experienced athletes and ambassadors will be on hand throughout the day to share their tips and knowledge in a variety of climbing workshops and coaching sessions.
Workshops will run all day, covering a host of disciplines and skills:
- WideBoyz Workshop - Break out the tape and give crack climbing a go in our WideBoyz masterclass.
- World Cup Boulders - Get those dynos firing and improve your coordination with British Bouldering Champion Max Milne and Junior World Champion Hamish McArthur. Open for all abilities.
- Training Like A Pro - Move up through the grades with this training workshop covering; finger strength, endurance, power training, and the dos and don'ts of finger boarding and strength work. GB athletes Jen wood and Psychi Athlete Joe Walmsley will be taking you through this one.
- Technical Masterclass - Take your climbing to the next level with pro pointers on footwork, body shape, and position from GB Athlete Lucy Garlick and Psychi Athletes Sam Mawson and Tom Lloyd.
- Climbing Mobility - Yoga teacher and reflexologist Flow with Fran hosts an hour-long session working on a mix of climbing-focused mobility, strengthening, and lengthening postures all connected with a strong breath.
- Physio Appointments - Got a finger niggle? Elbow been sore recently? Well don't worry, we are on hand to help. James Walker from Sheffield Climbing Clinic will be with us all day helping to repair and educate you on all things climbing injury. Learn from the very best in the business.
- Physio Workshop - As well as the 1-1 appointments James, will also be doing some lectures on the most common climbing injuries and how to prevent them. As well as a Q&A so you can pick his brains
- Poster Signing - with Max Milne, Hamish McArthur and Jen Wood
The Psychi Premier will run in the afternoon on the big screen. Entry to the showing is included in the price of general entry and will showcase:
- La Dura Dura - A story about Hamish McArthur attempting to send one of the world's hardest routes.
After the film, we will be hosting a live Q&A with Hamish McArthur. So have your questions at the ready!
Only 300 tickets will be available for the event, so early booking is advised to avoid missing out!