WHEN - Saturday 13th November 2021 - 10:00 - 18:00
WHERE - Rock Over Climbing Centre - Cheviot St, Manchester M3 1LW
On the 13th of November, we’ll be setting up at Rock Over Climbing Manchester for a jam-packed day of climbing workshops, film screenings, friendly competitions, and loads more. Test your strength in a free bouldering league, give crack climbing a go, unwind with a yoga class or just enjoy a climb with some of the country's strongest climbers.
Get access to a host of activities with a general admission ticket and add workshops to learn from the very best. Our team of experienced athletes and ambassadors will be on hand throughout the day to share their tips and knowledge in a variety of climbing workshops and coaching sessions.
Workshops will run all day, covering a host of disciplines and skills:
- WideBoyz Workshop - Break out the tape and give crack climbing a go in our WideBoyz masterclass.
- Dynamic / Coordination Workshop - Get those dynos firing and improve your coordination with British Bouldering Champion Max Milne, Junior World Champion Hamish McArthur, and GB Team Coach Rachel Carr.
- Training like a pro - Move up through the grades with this training workshop covering; finger strength, endurance, power training, and the dos and donts of finger boarding and strength work. GB athletes Jen wood and Psychi Athlete Joe Walmsley will be taking you through this one.
- Technical Masterclass - Take your climbing to the next level with pro pointers on footwork, body shape, and position from GB Athlete Gwyneth Uttley and Psychi Athletes Emma Ransome and Sam Mawson.
- Yoga - Yoga teacher and reflexologist Flow with Fran hosts an hour-long session working on a mix of climbing-focused mobility, strengthening, and lengthening postures all connected with a strong breath.
The Psychi Film Festival will run in the afternoon. Entry to the film festival is included in the price of general entry and will showcase two exclusive climbing films:
- Project Côte d’Ivoire - New routing in West Africa - What happens when five amateur climbers with no new-routing experience go to West Africa for three weeks? The team establish the country's first-ever traditional climbs and develop new bouldering areas before introducing the sport to the local community.
- The Off-Season - Freshly back from the 2021 Moscow World Championships, Psychi and GB team athletes Max Milne, Hamish McArthur, and Jen Wood reflect on their 2021 competition season in a series of documentary interviews covering their climbing careers, training, and philosophy. The past couple of years have been unsettled and elite climbers have faced cancelations and uncertainty. For Max, Hamish, and Jen, competing at the elite level again after a year of COVID-19 restrictions has been tough to navigate but adapting and overcoming is in their nature. What has the 2021 competition season taught them about adversity, climbing, and themselves, and what's next for these young athletes?
After the films, we will be hosting a live Q&A with Max Milne, Hamish McArthur, and Jen Wood! So have your questions at the ready!
Only 300 tickets will be available for the event, so early booking is advised to avoid missing out!