Mountain Skills Expedition (3 Day)
Shipping calculated at checkout
Price Per Person
Can't find a suitable date? Contact us for bespoke dates.
Our Mountain skills expedition is a comprehensive course designed to cover all areas on mountain exploration. Covering, planning, navigation, safety and wild camping. Available to all with a base level of hill walking experience and physical fitness. We will explore the rugged mountains of Snowdonia or the stunning fells of the Lake District.
Embark on a thrilling 3-day Mountain Skills Expedition that will equip you with essential knowledge and practical techniques to confidently navigate the stunning mountains of Great Britain. Led by experienced instructors, this immersive course will take you on a transformative journey, enhancing your understanding of mountain environments and arming you with an array of navigational skills. Whether you're an avid walker seeking to expand your skills or an aspiring alpinist aiming for higher summits, this expedition will provide the foundation for safe and successful mountain exploration. This course will take place in either Snowdonia or the Lake District.
During the Mountain Skills Expedition, participants will cover the following key areas:
- Understanding weather and how they influence decision-making.
- Navigation techniques using different scale maps, compasses work.
- Assessing and mitigating risks associated with mountain travel.
- Essential equipment selection, usage, and maintenance.
- Efficient movement on challenging and steep terrain.
- Safety and emergencies.
- Leave No Trace principles for minimising environmental impact.
- Wild Camping
- Access and conservation.
- We offer discounts for full group bookings. Please get in touch for full group bookings and bespoke sessions.
WHO CAN ATTEND
The 3-day Mountain Skills Expedition is open to individuals with a base level of physical fitness and an adventurous spirit. Some basic hill walking experience is required, but no map or compass skills are needed. 18 years and over.